Subscription Question & Answers 1. Who are these books for? Anyone who loves children’s literature and wants to intentionally choose stories that are engaging, educational, inclusive and affirmative in nature. They make the perfect addition to any home shelf and make great gifts for birthdays or baby showers!
2. What if I already own one of the books? We are always happy to make substitutions. We will release the book titles at least 1 month before shipping. This will allow you to make any changes to your book box if needed! Just send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. How much does a box cost? Depending on how long you subscribe for determines the cost of your book box. Children’s books all fall within a similar price range for picture books or board books. We have done our best to create an accessible subscription for families, as we believe quality stories should be affordable and easy to find for all!
4. What is inside the box? Inside your collection you will receive 3 high quality books that feature diverse characters and stories representative of a wide variety of communities. Our goal is to always include own voiced and/or illustrated stories to provide the best representation and point of view. We will continue to do extensive research and background to ensure we are offering fair and affirming books for your family. Our educational training, consistency with professional and personal development in ares of anti-racism and anti-bias work, as well as building a professional network of diverse book lovers helps us curate great stories.
5. What are the quality of the books? We will always include at least 2 hardcover picturebooks with the goal of 3 consistently. However, our main focus is always on providing you with the best quality of diverse picture books and this may mean receiving a paperback copy. We will always include 3 board books, and if applicable a soft cover paperback may be included.
6. When do I receive the boxes? No matter which subscription you choose, your collection will ship within the first week of the quarterly month (March, June, September, December), shipping times vary across Canada, but typically arrive within 3-5 days of the shipping notice.
7. When do I receive my first order? Your first box will be shipped no more than 2 weeks after your initial order & will include the quarterly books for the month you are purchasing in if it’s before the 15th of the last month (e.g., if you purchase Between March 1st and May 14th you would receive the books for Mar-May) If you purchase after the 15th of the last month you will receive the books for the next quarterly collection (e.g., if you purchase May 18th, you would receive the books for Jun-Aug.)
8. How can I cancel? If you need to cancel for any reason, send us an email email@example.com We will do our best to accommodate based on our shipping and ordering periods. Cancellations must occur at least 30 days before the next shipment (so one month before you receive or quarterly book mail!)
9. Can I purchase past books? You sure can! As long as we have it in stock, or can receive it in time before your next shipment, we will be happy to add on any of our previous picks to your subscription. Purchasing can happen through our website with anything in stock. If you can't see it, send us a direct message or email and we will let you know if we can track it down for you. We are happy to ship it right away or ship it with your next box!
10. Will you still be offering locally made products for play based learning or seasonal collections? At times we may offer seasonal or celebratory themed books. While we always aim to be inclusive in our selections and book lists, it is a fact that inclusivity and diversity are seriously lacking in children’s picture books and stories. We want to ensure we curate not only inclusive books, but also engaging ones that your family will love to read over and over again. With that being said, if you are hoping to add a specific celebration themed book to your collection, please reach out and we would be happy to curate a list for you to pick from)